For years I believed that there was no solution to my chronic problem of blocked nasal passages other related issues. When the ENT-specialist diagnosed nasal polyps and prescribed nasal spray to shrink them, I was initially relieved. But soon, the nasal polyps began growing in number and size, leading to serious health issues. My doctor began to suggest surgical intervention. That is when I decided to explore alternative treatments.
- Homeopathy has been practiced since the 18th century and it is based on the principle that “like cures like” – a smaller dosage of disease-causing condition stimulates the body’s own immune systems to function and ward off the attack.
- Another principle in homeopathy is that of minimal dosage: Treatment is given in very minute doses, in a highly diluted form.
- A single remedy to cure a host of symptoms. Homeopathy treatments or “remedies” are based on a holistic understanding of the person, life-style, environment and contributing factors.
Nasal Polyps Overview
These are fleshy, non-cancerous growths that occur in the inner lining of the nasal passage and sinuses. They are inherently harmless but when they increase in size/number, they block the airways and irrigation pathways of the nose and cause great pain, distress, discomfort, lack of sleep, headaches, frequent respiratory infections, snoring, loss of smell and ultimately a health hazard to the sufferer. Conventional treatments include nasal sprays to shrink the polyps, pain-killers, antibiotics for infections and surgery. There is no guarantee of non-recurrence.
Causes according to Homeopathy
- Life-style factors
- Constant soreness/inflammation of nasal passage
- Genetic factors
Why Choose Homeopathy
The five most important reasons why you should opt for homeopathic treatment for nasal polyps:
- Holistic Approach: Homeopathy takes all contributing factors/symptoms into account and arrives at a single remedy. Hence the cure is permanent and non-invasive.
- Unique: The homeopath creates a remedy that is tailored specially to each individual sufferer, based on an all-round approach, extensive study of the personality, body constitution, mental state, age, gender, symptoms, life-style etc.
- Harmony: Homeopathic treatments work in sync with your own immune system, strengthening and nurturing it.
- Non-addictive: These remedies are non-addictive and have no side-effects. Once the cure has been achieved, you can safely taper down and completely stop medication. They are safe and very effective, suitable even for young children, seniors and pregnant women.
- Completely natural: Remedies are constituted of plant-based materials and hence, natural in origin.
Some Commonly Prescribed Homeopathic Remedies
These include Phosphorus (especially for bleeding), Calcarea Carb for nasal polyps complicated by loss of smell, Teucrium Marum Varum for polyps with constant nasal blockage, Conium for heightened sense of smell, Hekla Lava for polyps with headaches and distended nostrils. There are many other remedies, depending on certain observed characteristics.
Additionally, hot baths/showers are recommended for relaxation and unblocking nasal obstructions. Steam inhalation for 10 minutes with breathing through nose and mouth gives relief.
Homeopathic treatments for nasal polyps are effective, safe and provide a permanent solution but they should be taken consistently under the supervision of a qualified, experienced homeopath.